martes, 20 de septiembre de 2011

Blog #1: College Rules! Chapters 1 and 2

SRSLY, HOW?

I've been reading the first two chapters of College Rules!. I wish I had read this book before the previous time I've been in college. I think I failed because I lacked the proper orientation to lead a successful college life. It begins saying that college gives students more freedom, but also more responsibility and harder work. It gives a list about what students need in order to survive:


Self-discipline, patience, motivation, a game plan and a bunch of effective learning strategies, I think I lacked all of these resources when I was a college student back in the day, even while I was a good high school student before. I felt disoriented and I missed very important instructions, even while I read a lot and was very interested in my major. I had trouble adjusting to the new class structure, also I don't think I had a good start. I flunked the first two terms.

I acknowledge it now, the main problem was that I refused to ask for help. Fortunately this book gives us advice where we can ask for help when we have trouble. counseling center, health center, tutorial center, professors, and my advisor. It gave us also instructions on how to ask for help. I've never learned the proper way for asking for help. Sometimes I was too demanding and came across as rude, other times I was too afraid to ask. Now I know I have to be persistent but patient, try to remain pleasant and get help from my advisor, friends and professors. After reading all this, I think, I'll have less difficulty in my college life and achieve success more easily.

Now we're gonna watch a video expaining us how to survive our first college year.




0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More